- From: "William Walker" <install-module gnome org>
- To: FTP Releases <ftp-release-list gnome org>
- Subject: orca 2.17.2
- Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 19:16:41 -0500 (EST)
Uploaded by: William Walker
2.17.2 - 05-Nov-2006
* Updates to requirements and specifications documents.
* Fair amount of work on Gecko.py script, though it is not at all ready
for compelling access to Firefox (and hence the web) yet. Also did
a fair amount of work looking at flat review and filing a number of
bugs against the AT-SPI implementation in progress in Firefox 3.
* Fix for bug 369292: gcalctool now speaks the new result when
the "=" button is activated.
* Fix for bug 337063: Orca now supports an alternate .orca location via
the -u and --user-prefs-dir command line options.
* Fix for bug 365939: reading of message list in Evolution now provides
more concise information for check box items.
* For for bug 353422: Mapped vte application to gnome-terminal script and
also fixed the "backspace" problem in gnome-terminal.
* Workaround for bug 368626: prevent gnome-panel from crashing and add
some defensive code to work in the case where there is no event
source in an at-spi event.
* Fix for bug 338838: Orca now speaks "newline" only when moving by
character or word.
* Fix for bug 358467: Orca now reads check items status
in "Users and groups" dialog of users-admin application.
* Fix for bug 355733: SayAll function now works better for OpenOffice.
* Fix for bug 364086: Orca no longer reports "paragraph 0 paragraph"
when you begin typing in a OpenOffice Calc cell.
* Fix for bug 363801: Orca provides confirmation when dynamic row and/or
column headers are set. In addition, column numbers in OpenOffice
Calc are now spoken as column letters.
* Fix for bug 363807: Orca now reports the number of items in a table.
* Fix for bug 321184: Orca now supports a custom pronunciation dictionary.
* Fix for bug 363802: Orca no longer says "cell" when navigating from
cell to cell in OpenOffice Calc.
* Fix for bug 363796: Second press of a letter in learn mode now provides
the phonetic ("military") spelling of the letter.
* Fix for bug 355525: Orca handled EMBEDDED_OBJECT_CHARACTERs in text
* Fix for bug 357063: If there are a bunch of repeated characters
(like the greater thans) on a line that also has text, Orca respects the
punctuation settings in Orca. But, if the repeated characters are on
a line by themselves (i.e. 30 greater thans, nothing else), Orca
indicates their presence ("30 greater than characters") regardless
of the level of punctuation.
* Fix for bug 344249: Orca reports menu mnemonics as part of the
"Where am I" functionality.
* Fix for bug 348975: the state for radio buttons is now spoken prior
to the role.
* Fix for bug 363423: Orca now speaks the "Applications" menu if it is
brought up while the focus is in a GAIM chat window.
* Fix for bug 349956: Orca no longer causes the gedit Print Dialog to slow
* Fix for bug 361624: Flat review no longer fails to move to second
column of text in OOo Writer documents.
* Fix for bug 357829: Use real active descendant of a table cell when
looking for locus of focus in flat review.
* Fix for bug 341406: Orca now presents results when finding files.
* Fix for bug 319783: Orca now speaks/brailles the insensitive states
of objects if they are insensitive.
* Fix for bug 338111: Use new BrlAPI Python bindings if they exist.
* Fix for bug 348693: Announcement of new mail in Evolution is now
toggleable via Insert-m.
* Fix for bug 361670: flat review no longer fails after minimizing the
Orca main window.
* Fix for bug 355893: Network Preferences "Port" label is now reported
* New and updated translations (THANKS!):
et Estonian Ivar Smolin and Priit Laes
nb Norwegian Bokmål Kjartan Maraas
sv Swedish Daniel Nylander
An RSS 2.0 feed of ftp-release-list is available at:
] [Thread Prev