Re: gcc version?

On 22-Mar-08, at 12:28 , Ed Falk wrote:

Ed,
which version of gcc are you using to compile xfplan 0.7?

It shouldn't matter.

I build the Debian packages with gcc 4.0.3 under Debian. I build the Redhat package with gcc 2.96 under RH 7.

Are you having build or runtime problems?

I was having build problems, but once I studied the build log in detail, I realized that I couldn't simply do "make" as described in the INSTALL document. A simple "make" would fail because libshape was not being built. I changed my build process to run make inside ShapeLib before doing the main make.

I'm no expert on makefiles, so I'm not sure whether the main Makefile is truly flawed, or whether it is not being correctly interpreted on my machine. Or, perhaps the INSTALL document is out of date.

I have xplan 0.7 running now, and in general I am quite impressed. I probably have a few bugs to report, but I'll do some more playing around so I can properly describe the sequence of events that exposes the bug before I report them. Is there a public bug list, so I can avoid reporting already known bugs?

--
Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada