Re: avdbtools

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 04:37:23AM +0000, Edward A. Falk wrote:
> Yes, I could use a copy.

I'll e-mail you the updated files under seperate cover. Caveat
Emptor as I haven't checked the other raw files for possible changes.

> Also, if you could check them into a
> CVS repository, either at gnome.org or sourceforge (I'll give you
> access if you'll give me your sourceforge username), that would
> be good.

See my previous post, I plan to continue putting new releases of
my stuff up on ibiblio.

> I've added another field to the fplan(5) format, and
> I'll want to tweak avdbtools accordingly.

The nasdconv code is already organized to easily add new formats, you
would specify with a "-t xfplan" flag. You'll need to copy and modify
the related internal function that writes it out. You'll also need to
propagate the flag back through mkfplandb, or write a new one and
call it something like mkxfplandb.  Send me your changes as a patch
when you have everything the way you want it.

> How long does it take awk to process those datafiles?

It depends of course, but awk is fairly efficient. I'll probably
use perl instead to handle the issues those script address in my
complete rework of the database stuff.

> Oh, I meant to ask, what does the twr.txt file contain?  I notice
> you combine it with apt.txt to generate the airports.nav database.

I'll have to double check, but it probably something like the
COM frequency that is pulled out.

--
 ___|___ | John C. Peterson, <jcp eskimo com> | "Once you have flown, you
  -(*)-  | will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you