Re: fplan-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 3

On 5 Jun 2005, at 4:10, Edward A. Falk wrote:

I really like this program, and think it has a lot of potential.  I
am not a programmer, and I already have too much on my plate this
year to try to learn C.  But, once I get my homebuilt aircraft
flying, I might be tempted to try to learn some C so I could do more
than just testing.  But that won't happen this year.

Cool, what are you building?  I toyed with building a homebuilt
once, but realized that I just don't have the discipline to finish
anything (like xfplan).

Sorry for the very delayed reply. I got sidetracked by a bunch of other stuff.

I'm building an RV-8. I'm most of the way finished, but still have a long list of things to finish off.

http://www.kilohotel.com/rv8/

For xfplan, I would like to finish off my package for OS X. But, I either need to get access to a tarball with the databases (not an rpm, as OS X doesn't have rpm tools by default), or I need to figure out how to modify the makefile so it will build without having the databases present. The best solution, I think, is to have a tarball with the databases on sourceforge. Is that possible?

Kevin Horton

Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada