xfplan zoom bug?

Ed,

I've been playing around with xfplan a bit, and find that generally speaking it works quite well. The zoom capability was giving me grief, but I finally figured out what is going on.

Maybe you already know all of this, or maybe this is a bug that you haven't stumbled across yet:

The zoom works fine, if you have the mouse over the map, and you either use the scroll wheel, or use the Ctrl+= or Ctrl+-. It zooms around the mouse location, which makes good sense. But, if you zoom by clicking on the Zoom In or Zoom Out buttons, the zoom still occurs centered around the mouse location, even though the mouse is now off the top of the map. This is very confusing to the user.

If the tool bar Zoom buttons are used, it seems to make sense to use some other center for the zoom. The current center of the map seems like a reasonable choice.

I really like this program, and think it has a lot of potential. I am not a programmer, and I already have too much on my plate this year to try to learn C. But, once I get my homebuilt aircraft flying, I might be tempted to try to learn some C so I could do more than just testing. But that won't happen this year.

Kevin