Re: Re[2]: Database design goals...

>I agree absolutely.  The "keep it simple" rule should be adhered
>to.  Installing fplan should involve no more than putting a few
>files into the user's path, or doing a simple "make install".

KISS is a good idea, but a user already has to download the NASD files,
run avdbtools, etc. etc.

I would love to make the application capable of downloading its own up to
date files.

If the software is packaged then any dependencies on other packages (db,
gtk, etc., etc.) is all resolved with little or no user intervention.

A simple apt-get install fplan would ensure everything was installed for
me.

Mike