Re: Data Dictionary

> A couple of things I would like to see added to the datasets,
> including the flat files if possible:

Some of this information is available in the DAFIF files.

I have put together a proof of conception for conversion of the DAFIF
files to a postgres database. The tarball of the code is attached.

It currently brings in the Airports, Navaids, Waypoints and Runway
information, however the code is completely generic and it only needs the
remaining tables to be defined for the imports of all the remaining
information to work.

The code is painfully slow at the moment. Mainly because it uses INSERT
INTO statements which only do one record at a time. The final version will
be a lot, lot faster.

Now I've got the database working, I'll start on the DAFIF->fplan format
conversion and the generic database code for fplan itself.

Using SQL it will be very simple to select boundary conditions for items.
Its no more work to select based on a lat/long range or the presence of a
dme than it is to select on name.

Mike