Re: Gui

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 09:32:55AM -0800, Edward A. Falk wrote:
> Hi all; I updated the gui interface slightly.
>
> 	http://www.best.com/~falconer/xplan.gif

   Looks nice. Was this done with the Glade interface builder? I
haven't played with it for about 6 months, at that time it was
already very usable for real work.

> Just to let people know where I'm heading.

   Just a suggestion for those that want to get moving on a GUI;
How about a text design document that shows the layout of all the
menus?  A set of indented lists with explanations as needed. That
makes it easier for eveyone to see the big picture, and spot
possible problem areas before they become unmanagable. Example
format;

  File
   New
   Open
   ----
   Save
   Save as...

etc. etc.

--
 ___|___ | John C. Peterson, KD6EKQ | Try Linux for Intel x86, it's the
  -(*)-  | mailto:jcp eskimo com    | Ferarri of 32 bit operating systems!