Re: Moving foundation-list to discourse?

On Fri, 2019-08-30 at 11:10 +0200, Alexandre Franke wrote:
Not objecting at all but I think this raises a couple questions as to
what it would entail, most notable regarding board meeting minutes
and other announcements. Currently, most of them are sent to the
foundation-announce list which I assume we want to keep, but then any
followup discussion lands on foundation-list. I’m not sure how that
would work with Discourse.

I would imagine actually, that it may be better to just post these to
Discourse, in the community category. There's a couple of ways that we
can improve visibility by using tags and stickies for important things
(for example, we already have the #announcements tag:
https://discourse.gnome.org/tags/announcement)

We could add a #minutes tag too. One advantage of this is that users
can subscribe to a particular tag, and get notifications about those.

Would that make sense?

Neil
--
Neil McGovern
Executive Director, The GNOME Foundation