Re: Moving foundation-list to discourse?

I won't take a stance on Discourse but I would like to hear from our Discourse moderators about their thoughts on a couple moderation issues I've noticed.

#1, posts are being hidden rather aggressively, including seemingly innocuous posts like https://discourse.gnome.org/t/are-you-happy-with-javascript-programming-language-used-by-gnome-project/1744:

"""
I would like to ask if is there anything that annoys you about JavaScript, what makes you angry or inefficient while working with this language, or maybe what others do incorrectly when using this language to develop Gnome Shell Extensions and Applications.

Is JavaScript here (In the Gnome community) to stay for a long, what would be better and why?
"""

I can't imagine any reason that should have been hidden. It makes the rest of the topic hard to follow. I'm not sure why users flagged this topic (maybe misclicks?) or why human moderators didn't correct it (are there humans reviewing reported posts)? Furthermore, it's the first post in the topic. Surely the entire topic should be hidden if the first post is hidden, since it would be nonsensical to view a topic without its starting point.

Another less-serious example of a moderation problem, here:

https://discourse.gnome.org/t/official-applications/1663/2

A low-quality post was hidden, but the follow-up post was not. Now people reading the topic will want to go back to the hidden post to see why Pavlo wrote what he did. When a post is removed, any other posts quoting it should also be removed or the discussion doesn't flow properly without the hidden posts, and the point of having hidden the first post is defeated.

Michael