A note on the candidates

For those voting for candidates, I wanted to give some background to
the two newer candidates who  some may not be completely familiar with
them as they are relatively new to the community.  All the candidates
are wonderful human beings who I think will execute the job of
directors to the best of their abilities.

I've known Britt for about two years.  His induction into the GNOME
community especially in the engagement community was nothing short of
meteoric.  Britt gets involved in something he does it with his full
heart and conviction and since being involved have given consistent
use of his time and efforts.  His involvement in foundation will be
similar I expect.

Chris (Davis) is part of the new generation of GNOME developers who
bring incredible amounts of energy to an over two decade project and
is clearly passionate about GNOME and about the work he does in it.
The other part of him is that he is a thoughtful, sober, diplomat who
is able to take feedback and write commentary that is always
constructive, layered and free from ego.  I've observed many such
interactions both on forums and on mastodon.  A true believer in Free
Software and it's power, it's worth doing your research on Chris -
you'll realize like I have that he is a man of layered talents. If I
had a spiritual successor to the work I do in the community, Chris has
those skills.

Christel is also someone I've grown close to for a little less than
two years.  A calm, collected intellectual that knows how to focus on
issues and work on the core of them.  I consider her a good friend,
and a mighty ally for Free Software.  She's also super funny and
witty!  I hope y'all will give her the due diligence because she is an
asset to GNOME.

The future is bright for GNOME with these candidates, the new set of
developers who continue our work in being the best desktop today - a
showcase for the power of Free Software.  As for the candidates I have
not mentioned - each of them have given years of their time and work
on GNOME and their work speaks for themselves, they deserve your
respect and admiration.

Cheers,
sri