Fwd: Board of Directors Elections 2019 - Candidacy - Christel Dahlskjaer

Hi all,

I would like to throw my name in the hat for the imminent GNOME BoT elections. I am a long-term GNOME user and a current Gnome Foundation member, part of the Engagement Team and also the Code of Conduct Committee. Additionally I currently also serve as the GNOME Advisory Board representative of Private Internet Access.

I am a long-term advocate and contributor to FOSS projects and have previously been part of the developer relations, user relations, release engineering and various other teams within the Gentoo Linux project. I am also the current freenode Project Leader, a role I have been fulfilling for the last 13 years. I am extremely passionate about community; inclusion and diversity both being important to me. I also currently serve as one of two co-chairs of the Internet Society's OMAC, and I am a member of the advisory council to the Open Source Technology Improvement Fund (OSTIF).

I am an avid privacy advocate and my day job keeps me at the intersection of tech and human rights.

If elected I would seek to work with the broader multi-stakeholder group to ensure that everyone feels that they have the opportunity to use their voice and contribute to the project. I would seek to provide support to the GNOME foundation employees, foundation members, board of directors, advisory board members, contributors and end users alike in cementing GNOME's position in the desktop ecosystem. I am excited to be a small part of GNOME, and I would love to help the project continue its flourishing journey of growth.

Now for the details I have been asked to include...
Name: Christel Dahlskjaer
E-mail: christel dahlskjaer gnome org or christel londontrustmedia com
Affiliation: Private Internet Access
IRC: christel

Please do not hesitate to drop me an e-mail should you have any questions!

Best,
Christel

--
Christel Dahlskjaer
Chief Communications Officer

London Trust Media, Inc. // Private Internet Access