Minutes of the Foundation Board, 29th May

= Foundation Board Minutes for Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 18:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tuesday, June 3rd 2018, 18:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Alexandre Franke (planned early departure)
 * DidierRoche
 * AllanDay
 * CarlosSoriano
 * MegFord
 * Cosimo Cecchi (planned late arrival)
 * RosannaYuen
 * NeilMcGovern

== Regrets ==

 * Nuritzi Sanchez

== Missing ==

== Agenda ==

 * (URGENT) Legal entity to use for GUADEC operations (Carlos)
 * GUADEC picnic location (Alexandre)
 * GUADEC swag (Alexandre)
 * GUADEC 2018 Board & AdBoard meeting prep (Nuritzi)
 * 2018 Pants nominations (Nuritzi)
 * GUADEC 2019 (Allan)
  * https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/51
 * LAS GNOME Denver Conference Bid (Meg)


  * Engagement Committee (Nuritzi)
   * Vote for charter and propose members
   * https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/16

== Minutes ==

 * (URGENT) Legal entity to use for GUADEC operations (Carlos)
  * The 2018 GUADEC organisers are suggesting to use a local legal
entity - "Club de Cacharreo" - to manage payments and invoices
  * Rosanna asks what the legal status of this organisation is. It's
been described as an "association"; we think this means that it's a
  * Allan: it would be interesting to know why they went with that
option. It's not always necessary to use a legal organisation.
Alexandre: this depends on the country.
  * Neil has some experience using local entities. They can have some
advantages. We need to ensure that we have a contract with them, to
ensure that they will give us any cash back, and so on. We ought to
have a standard one that we can reuse.
  * Alexandre: we have one from 2014, it should be in the archive.
  * [ACTION] Alexandre will dig the contract up from the archive (
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/55 )
  * [ACTION] Carlos will get back to the local organizer to ensure
it's non profit, proper registration, bank account… (
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/56 )

 * GUADEC picnic location (Alexandre)
  * The GUADEC team is asking for permission to use a location that's
owned by the military
  * Carlos has the impression from the photos that it's more used for
official events
  * Alexandre: there will be no military on site. It's a matter of politics.
  * [ACTION] Carlos to respond in the same email that it's fine by the
board ( https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/56 )

 * GUADEC swag (Alexandre)
  * Ismael has requested on IRC if/how they should get permission for
selling GNOME-branded swag
  * Allan can review designs as needed. It should be fine as it's for
a GNOME event
  * [ACTION] Allan to respond to Ismael. We can use issues on GitLab
to track/review requests.

 * Visa handling for GUADEC
  * Since we discussed this last week, a page has been put up on
guadec.org. However, there's little time for people to apply for
  * [ACTION] Didier to reach out to Andreas and others from the visa
invitations committee

Cosimo enters

Alexandre leaves

 * GUADEC 2018 Board & AdBoard meeting prep (Nuritzi)
  * Neil: the latest communication with adboard was just "save the
date" (the in-person advisory board meeting is happening on July 5).
We need to communicate a place and who is going to turn up. We don't
seem to know if we have a venue available.
  * [ACTION] Carlos to take this point with the other when talking to
GUADEC organizers ( https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/56
  * [ACTION] Neil will send a RSVP
  * Content of the meeting?
   * Update to where people are at
   * What happened in the previous 12 months (hackfests, what we've
been spending on)
   * Plans for the year ahead (privacy internships, spending plans for
new funds)
   * Update on technology used and progress
   * Gathering feedback
   * [ACTION] Allan to outline the meeting and slides, and volunteer
board members for individual sections (
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/57 )

 * 2018 Pants nominations (Nuritzi)
  * [ACTION] Didier to send an email to foundation list (done -
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/54 )

 * GUADEC 2019 (Allan)
  * We still don't have any bids
  * Allan sent out an email to the foundation list, but hasn't got much back
  * Rosanna: we can comment that as GUADEC is early this year, it's
normal that we don't have many proposals right now and raise awareness
  * Cosimo: GUADEC will be the best time to raise awareness

 * LAS GNOME Denver Conference Bid (Meg)
  * We received a bid for LAS GNOME 2018 last week. They need as
answer from us ASAP, in order to secure the venue.
  * Cosimo finds the bid well fleshed out. They have sponsorship
income confirmed. He's personnally confortable voting.
  * The bid contains a budget with a page detailing confirmed sponsorship.
  * Everybody has raised concerns or questions last week or on the ML,
we can vote.
  * VOTE: approve the whole LAS GNOME bid (budget attached and
proposal). Unanimous - vote passes.
  * [ACTION] Cosimo to reply to the LAS GNOME team (done)

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]