Minutes of the Foundation Board, 15 May

Note: there was no meeting on 8th May, due to the board not having quorum.

= Foundation Board Minutes for Tuesday, May 15th 2018, 18:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tuesday, May 22nd 2018, 18:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * NuritziSanchez
 * CarlosSoriano
 * AllanDay
 * MegFord (planned early departure)
 * DidierRoche (planned late attendance)
 * NeilMcGovern
 * RosannaYuen

== Regrets ==

 * AlexandreFranke
 * CosimoCecchi

== Missing ==

== Agenda ==

 * Pre-travel sponsorship GSoC/Outreachy students (Carlos)

Deferred:

 * Engagement Committee (Nuritzi)
  * Vote for charter and propose members
  * https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/16
 * Potential licensing issue with Fractal (Nuritzi)
 * Contacting people applying to the board (Carlos)

== Minutes ==

Note: Meg had left the meeting prior to this item being discussed.
Didier had joined.

 * Pre-travel sponsorship for GSoC/Outreachy students. (Carlos)
  * GUADEC is earlier than usual this year, so Outreachy/GSoc interns
won't have received enough payments to fund their own travel. We've
had a request for one intern to have their travel sponsorship paid in
advance of GUADEC. This currently isn't something that the Travel
Committee provides.
  * Discussion about how much travel funding we've provided interns in
the past, and how much we should provide:
   * GSoC didn't provide much for travel last year, but we do
encourage all interns to attend GUADEC.
   * Has the amount we pay for intern travel been capped previously?
  * Discussion about logistics. There are potentially two forms of
advance payment:
   1. Interns pay for their ticket and we reimburse them prior to
travel. The board is happy for the Travel Committee to do this.
   2. We provide the funds prior to travel being booked. Here we can
recommend that interns contact the board so it can review requests.
  * ACTION: Didier to liaise with the Travel Committee. Carlos to
liaise with mentors.