North American Events in 2017

Dear all,

The board has had word that, due to declining participation, it is
unlikely that there will be a Boston Summit this year. If anyone has a
strong urge to make the event happen, then they should by all means do
so. At the same time, we don't think that anyone should feel obligated
to organise it.

Boston Summit was always a local event and it is natural for the
geography of the community to shift over time. There's plenty of
energy elsewhere: Libre Application Summit is currently being
finalised for San Francisco in early November (watch out for an
official announcement!) and we would also encourage community members
in North America to think about hackfests that they might want to
organise.

Best wishes,

Allan