Minutes of the Board meeting of June, 13th, 2017

= Foundation Board Minutes for Tue, June 13th 2017, 17:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tue, June 20th 2017, 17:00 UTC

Wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20170613

== Attending ==

 * Cosimo Cecchi
 * Shaun McCance
 * Neil McGovern
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Alexandre Franke
 * Allan Day
 * Nuritzi Sanchez
 * Meg Ford
 * Jim Hall

== Regrets ==

== Missing ==

== Agenda for 2017-06-13 ==

 * Flattr email
 * GUADEC 2017 finance request
 * AGM Announcement
 * Hackfests wiki page update

== Minutes ==

 * Flattr email
  * We received an email asking whether donations through flattr were possible
  * Upon investigation, GNOME already has a flattr account, it was
originally opened on behalf of the GIMP project
  * We don't receive a lot of funds through this, but it's hard to
track whether the money is sent for the GIMP project or GNOME
   * Discussion about this got dropped in the past because there was
not a lot/no money coming through this
  * Allan: from an engagement point of view, it's always good to have
more ways for people to donate, but from the Foundation point of view,
it may be undesirable to have a lot of accounts scattered around
  * ACTION: Neil to follow up saying that the Board has decided not to
promote the use of the flattr account (DONE already)

 * GUADEC 2017 finance request
  * This year's GUADEC income seems to have all gone to the
Foundation's bank account in the US
  * GUADEC's team also has an UK account for this purpose, but it's
currently empty
   * We cannot have sponsors wire money directly to the UK bank
account because it's not ours (so an invoice from the GNOME Foundation
can't be paid to that account)
  * Since there are live expenses that the GUADEC team needs to pay
for, they're requesting GBP 5000 from the GUADEC sponsorship money to
cover these
   * Additionally, there are invoices for things like the venue or
accommodation that are coming up
  * According to Allan, venue and accommodation expenses have been
pre-approved by the Board, but not a general budget for misc expenses
   * Should we have a different policy for how the team can spend
sponsorship money without approval from the Board?
  * VOTE: Transfer GBP 5000 into the GUADEC bank account, on the
understanding that anything that isn't spent is returned to the
Foundation after the event
   * +1 Cosimo, Nuritzi, Alexandre, Jim, Meg, Shaun, Allan. VOTE PASSED
  * There's a new invoice for the 20th anniversary birthday party,
which is due on the 29th, that has not been approved yet
   * Estimated expense, GBP 5513, which comes out of the main GUADEC
budget (but sponsors can also choose to fund this specifically)
   * Some of these expenses were not initially being reflected in the
bid, so the Board could either approve a new budget including them, or
that the team keep a running budget that reflects the current
   * In the meantime, we could vote on this request separately, and
then ask the team to provide an updated budget
   * A better policy for how this should be handled in the future will
be discussed at the GUADEC budget meeting
    * ACTION: Neil will make sure this gets discussed during the meeting
  * VOTE: pre-approve the GUADEC 2017 team to spend up to GBP 42000
   * +1 Alexandre, Cosimo, Meg, Shaun, Jim, Nuritzi, Allan. VOTE PASSED
  * ACTION: Allan will get back to Sam

== Ongoing ==

'''This section includes items which have seen an update in the last
30 days. Format is "YYYY-MM-DD, action|discussion|abstract" for this
and subsequent minutes sections'''

 * GUADEC 2017 finance request
  * 2017-06-13
   * The board voted to transfer GBP 5000 into the GUADEC team's UK
account for live expenses
   * The board also voted to pre-approve expenditure against the
confirmed sponsorship money, up to GBP 42000
    * ACTION: Allan to get back to Sam
   * The board wishes to make this a more straightforward process in the future
    * ACTION: Neil to make sure that expenses allocation for future
conferences is discussed by the board in person at GUADEC

 * GUADEC 2018 bid presentations
  * 2017-06-06
   * The Board would now like to move the presentations to a call, to
be able to announce a decision during GUADEC
   * ACTION: Allan and Nuritzi to organize a call the week of June 26th

 * Foundation support for Flathub
  * 2017-05-09
   * The Board voted to try and use some of our pro-bono counsel time
towards the Flathub legal framework, provided our lawyers agree
   * ACTION: Neil to connect to Luis
  * 2017-05-16 - Exact questions to ask Luis are being worked up
  * 2017-06-06 - Questions sent to Luis, being looked at.

 * Hackfest process documentation
  * 2017-02-14
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to take a stab at updating the documentation for
the process to request a hackfest and responsibilities between Board
and TC
  * 2017-05-02
   * Nuritzi will work on this by end of May, check in then

 * Dropping dates in copyright claims on our websites
  * 2016-12-06
   * ACTION: Alexandre to send an email to foundation-list with a
proposal for discussion
  * 2016-12-20
   * Next step seems to be to reach out to Creative Commons to get
advice on what exactly can and should be done
  * 2017-01-24
   * Alexandre reached out to Creative commons
  * 2017-02-28
   * Alexandre will try alternative channels
  * 2017-05-02
   * We got a reply, Alexandre to follow up
  * 2017-05-30
   * Two options
    * Have terms of use on the website that state that linking to a
page is sufficient attribution
    * Require contributors to assign their attribution to the GNOME Foundation

 * Privacy campaign funds
  * 2016-09-27
   * Draft is out for the Board to review and give feedback
   * ACTION: Cosimo to try and form a committee to review internship proposals
  * 2016-10-26
   * We are aiming for an internship round in spring 2017

=== Ongoing but stalled ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the
last 30 days.'''

 * Owncloud shared calendar for the board
  * 2016-08-10
   * Cosimo tested creating an event, but with mixed results
   * ACTION: Cosimo to take it on from here
  * 2016-09-06 - Allan has started a list of reoccuring events on the
wiki - https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoardPrivate/Minutes/UpcomingAgenda
  * 2017-03-07
   * Neil is looking into a similar calendar so will take over

 * Paypal Giving Fund
  * Alexandre suggested in december 2015 to get us enrolled in the program
   * That would give us exposure. For example Humble bundle allows to
direct the charity part of purchases towards any of their participants
  * Zana tried to get us in sometime before may 2016, we never heard back.
  * 2016-09-06
   * ACTION: Zana to look into it

 * Sysadmin fundraising levels and perks
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Nuritzi to take on this project and figure out
what it entails
  * 2017-05-09
   * We can talk about this item at GUADEC

 * Web page for prior pants winners
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Shaun and Allan to add the web page
  * 2017-03-07
   * Only missing the winner for one year, 2005
   * We can crowdsource the details and refinement of the bios/photos/etc
  * 2017-06-06
   * We are trying to expedite this before next GUADEC
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to ask Shaun for a download of the information he
has already collected
   * ACTION: Alexandre to suggest a suitable location to put the
information and share it with the board

 * Friends of GNOME
  * 2016-08-10
   * ACTION: Allan to get in touch with Tobi and the sysadmin team to
migrate the FoG infrastructure over to GNOME
  * 2017-03-07
   * Allan will pass this on to Neil, and connect him to Tobi
  * 2017-04-18 - Neil has CRM working (ish) on the gnome website,
we're looking at how to move the PayPal IPN to CiviCRM

=== Ongoing but no director assigned ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the
last 30 days and have no Director assigned'''

== Nice to have ==

'''This section includes items which we would love to see happen at
some point but lack the time to effectively become reality'''

 * Contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
  * Kat to draft this
  * Alexandre took over

 * Privacy policy for GNOME services
  * Current draft is at https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/Privacy
  * Sysadmin Team's NDA should also be covered when dealing with this item
  * Kat or Allan to write up the policy
  * Kat or Allan to write up recommended wording for distribution
privacy policies, regarding the behaviour of GNOME software

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

== Completed actions ==

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]