Re: This week in Gnome?

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 12:46 PM Luis Villa <luis lu is> wrote:

Wikimedia has a pretty good "this week in", and it adds a lot of value. But it is a lot of work to do well.

(I seem to recall we even used to have one in GNOME, though I can't find evidence of that offhand. Would have been at least a decade ago.)

We used to have something called GNOME Summaries, that Christian   Schaller and I both did back in the late 90s.  It wasn't a ton of work back then, but doing it now would be a considerable amount of work.

To do something like that requires creating tools that watch bugzilla.

If someone is interested in helping I am sure we can put together something that could address it.

sri

Luis

On Wed, May 18, 2016, 6:33 PM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, 2016-05-18 at 23:36 +0000, John McHugh wrote:
> Was thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to set up a this week
> in
> gnome blog.

Can you make it happen?

It sounds like a good idea to me, but it needs someone to make it
happen.

Michael