Hello to Foundation List

Hi all.

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Siska Restu Anggraeny Iskandar, but you can call me Siska for short. I was born in Banjar, West Java, Indonesia and grew up in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. It is a different province with different culture and language. I am currently in last year of Bachelor Degree with Informatics Engineering majoing in State Islamic University Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta.

In May 2015, I join and help GNOME.Asia Summit 2015 and become local organizer of that event. If you are there, probably you see me, I am the one who hold mic all day. I am the MC :D. [0]

My journey with open-source began in 2009 when I got into Vocational High School with Computer Engineering and Networking. We got Networking Subject which is we should getting know RedHat and Fedora, and etc.

In the first year of my university,  I find digital or technology term is common thing in my life. Being an IT student give me a rapid update about its technology, but how about our social environment? Technology has been my lifestyle but I do wish that I could share my experience, knowledge and prosperity to society.

From last couple years, I’ve been focused for help and contribute on awareness of women in technology. One of my concern is the housewives and motherhood, the very base user in technology. We help them by teach and introduce them to newest technology or the explain the nearest technology around them. In March, I started to take a dip to motherhood to introduce them to the FOSS. [1]. The movement is called "Perempuan Sadar Teknologi" or in English is called Women Awareness in Technology.

After joining GNOME.Asia Summit 2015, I intend to attend GUADEC 2015, too. Then I registered as volunteer for GUADEC and got sponsorship from GNOME Foundation (thanks GNOME <3 ) to go Gutenberg, Sweden and meet a huge number of contributor, user and developer of GNOME.

Right now, I am preparing GNOME 3.18 Release Party in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. We already got place and some sponsor, including from GNOME Foundation! It is my pleasure to host GNOME event here. But we haven't receive the fund yet. Hehehehe.

We plan to not only having a party but also create some simple class from motherhood and housewives to introduce them to FOSS and anti-piracy campaign. If you all had a free time around first week of October, we will pleased to meet you!

PS. GNOME 3.18 Release Party will happens at 3rd October, 2015 2 PM till 5 PM GMT +7 Maps of Crystal Lotus Hotel, Yogyakarta
--
All the best,
Siska Iskandar