Travel Assistance for GUADEC 2015

The GNOME Foundation can offer travel sponsorship to individuals who
want to attend GUADEC and need financial assistance.

We are happy to announce that the Travel Committee is ready to receive
applications for sponsorships to attend to GUADEC 2015.

Application deadline: 2015-06-22. Send in your applications now, do
not wait until the deadline.

The instructions are at https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel

Some additional comments:
* Any information you send to the Travel Committee will be private.
* Asking for sponsorship *does not* guarantee that you will be sponsored.
* A good application with good information will be processed faster.
* If you are offered help with accommodation, the Travel Committee
will book your accommodation. You should state that you need
accommodation, and leave the cost blank.
* Always choose the most economical option whenever possible. People
who need travel sponsorship should look for the best price (i.e.
through a service like kayak.com). If the Travel Committee finds a
cheaper price, that will be the price considered during the
evaluation.
* No personal emails. Keep travel-committee CCed on all of your
replies. Neglecting to do this will delay your application.
* How to get to Gothenburg: https://www.guadec.org/travel/
* If you are a Foundation member, you should mention it in your
application. Preference will be given to Foundation members.
* If your paper submission was accepted to be presented at GUADEC, you
should mention it in your application.  Preference will be given to
speakers.
* If you are in the Google Summer of Code program or Outreachy/OPW (as
student or mentor) you must mention it in your application. Preference
will be given to GSoC or OPW interns and mentors. OPW and GSoC
students usually get a percentage of their GUADEC expenses covered by
their sponsoring organisation.
* The Travel committee should confirm that we have received your
application within 2-3 days. After that, we will process them
together. So please do not panic if we take some time to respond with
the status. Regardless of whether your application is accepted or
rejected, you will always receive a response.

You can find us in the #travel channel at irc.gnome.org.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that
everyone, and especially sponsored attendees, is encouraged to
volunteer during GUADEC: https://www.guadec.org/volunteer/