Re: [travel] Privacy of information sent to the Travel Committee (was: GNOME.Asia Summit 2015 Travel Subsidy application is Open)

Hi Tobi

Thanks for let me know this problem.

Sorry, this is my fault.
I am  fix the problem now.

The reason is I setup the folder to share private but not notice well about the link.

I apologize for my mistake, wish you and all speakers to GNOME.Asia Summit 2015 could forgive my fatuity.
<(_ _)>

Thanks for your suggestion for encrypt the documents before uploading them.
I still learn the process with travel process task, I will notice that and thanks you again

Again, sorry for my personal mistake, wish you and all speakers could forgive me.

Max Huang

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 2:57 AM, Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
Hi!

On Mi, 2015-04-01 at 15:30 +0800, Emily Chen wrote:
> Some extra comments:
>
> * Any information you send to the Travel Committee will be private.

It has come to my attention that anyone can read information I trusted
the travel-committee with, because it appears to reside on a publicly
available Google Drive¹.  So my private information, like my bank
information or my address, can not only seen by Google, but also pretty
much by anybody else.  And I assume I am correct by thinking that not
only my own private information, but also that of all others who have
given their information to the travel-committee for requesting subsidy
for GNOME.Asia Summit 2015 are exposed in that way.  I have no information
reg. the current GUADEC requests.

I am still torn of how much of an issue it really is, given that mails
sent to the travel-committee land in many GMail inboxes anyway.  So the
publicly available link might actually not compromise much of my privacy.
But I feel like we should at least know about that level of exposure,
as I wouldn't describe that as the information being "private".

I would also feel a little better if you not sent things like filled
forms or receipts to Google.
I suggest to either encrypt the documents before uploading them or to
use the GNOME Wiki for storing them.

Cheers,
  Tobi

1: https://muelli.cryptobitch.de/tmp/gdoc.png