Re: New GNOME Foundation Members and Emeritus Members

Rock! :)

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 5:41 AM Andrea Veri <av gnome org> wrote:
Hello everybody!

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee is proud to announce our
newly approved Foundation Members. Please welcome and thank them
for their great and valuable contributions over the GNOME Foundation!

They are: *

 1. Patrick Griffis (GNOME Builder, GLib, JHBuild contributions)

Who is continuing to rock and doing stuff on Builder. :)  Now if I can convince him to do some stuff on Polari!

 2. Marcus Lundblad (GNOME Maps)
 3. Tom Tryfonidis (GNOME Greek Translator, GNOME Greek web services maintainer)
 4. Fabio Tomat (Friulian GNOME Translations Team Coordinator)

Congrats, and welcome to the GNOME Foundation!!

 5. Nuritzi Sanchez (GNOME Engagement Team)

Well earned considering all the great work she is doing on the engagement team today and helping bringing in more volunteers!

 6. Trần Ngọc Quân (Coordinator of the GNOME Vietnamese translations team)

Welcome, to the GNOME Foundation! :)

 7. Siska Restu Anggraeny Iskandar (Local organizer of GNOME.Asia Summit 2015, volunteer at GUADEC 2015)

Ah, Siska, welcome. :-)  GUADEC was a great time with you there!

In addition to them, we also have six new Emeritus Members: [1]

 1. Iain Holmes (GNOME-Media maintainer between 2001 and 2004, gnome-control-center, Mutter, Evolution, Clutter contributions)
 2. Kristian Rietveld (Substantial and valuable GTK+, GIMP and Pango contributions)
 3. Thomas Vander Stichele (Several contributions of multiple GNOME modules including gnome-media)
 4. Pablo Castellano (NetworkManager contributions)
 5. Sergey Udaltsov (GNOME Keyboard Input framework contributions)
 6. Damon Chaplin (GooCanvas maintainer since 2008)

So awesome to see all these familiar names!  Thanks for taking the time and interest in continuing to associate with the Foundation.

BTW Iain, I think you or maybe I owe beers? :-)

Best wishes,
sri