Re: User Data Manifesto

Federico Mena Quintero <federico gnome org> wrote:
Our friends at ownCloud have been in touch to see if we want to
endorse the next version of the User Data Manifesto [1]. This is due
to be launched at the ownCloud contributor conference at the end of
August. A number of other prominent FOSS projects are lined up to also
endorse it.

Any thoughts?

Let's do it!

It seems that the general feeling here is positive! The board met
yesterday and discussed the proposal, and found ourselves in
agreement.

I'll be informing them that GNOME is willing to endorse version 2.0 of
the manifesto.

I know that a couple of amendments have been proposed here, and the
User Data Manifesto people are aware of these suggestions. It's a bit
late for this version of the manifesto, but I'm hopeful that we can
collaborate more closely on the next one.

Allan