Call for GNOME.Asia Summit 2016 Host Proposals

Hi all,

The GNOME.Asia Committee is inviting interested parties to submit proposals for hosting GNOME.Asia Summit during the 2nd quarter of 2016.

GNOME.Asia Summit is the annual GNOME Conference in Asia. The event focuses primarily on the GNOME desktop, but also covers applications and the development platform tools. It brings together the GNOME community in Asia to provide a forum for users, developers, foundation leaders, governments and businesses to discuss the present technology and future developments.

GNOME.Asia Summits have been held in Beijing, Ho-Chi-Minh City, Taipei, Bangalore, Hong Kong, Seoul, Beijing, Depok respectively over the last eight years.

The Committees’s preference is to find a new location each year in order to spread GNOME throughout Asia and we are looking for local organizers to rise to the challenge of organizing an excellent GNOME event. The GNOME.Asia committee will assist in the process, but there is a definitive need for individuals to be actively involved and committed to the planning and execution of the event.

You can learn more about GNOME.Asia Summit at our website: http://www.gnome.asia

Interested parties are hereby invited to submit a formal proposal to the GNOME Asia Committee.  The deadline for the proposals is September 11, 2015. Please email your proposal to gnome-asia-committee-list<at>gnome<dot> org. We might invite you to present your proposal in more details over our regular IRC meetings or send you additional questions and requests. Results will be announced by the first week of October 2015.

The conference will require availability of facilities for 3-5 days, including a weekend, during the 2nd quarter of 2016 (between March and June).  Key points which each proposals should consider and which will be taken into account when deciding among candidates, are:

Please provide a reasonably detailed budget (sponsorship, expenses, etc).

Please refer to the GNOME.Asia website. Please also check the GNOME.Asia Summit check list,howtos and the winning proposal for 2012 when putting together a proposal.

You are welcome to contact gnome-asia-committee-list AT gnome org if you have any questions.

Please help to spread the word and we are looking forward to hearing from you soon!
GNOME.Asia Committee