Re: You logo

On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 03:19:28AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
  > I would like to know whether it is possible to use your logo, but slightly
  > modified for the production of computer equipment. The equipment will be
  > delivered with the operating system Linux environment using Gnome 3.

I think you mean the GNU/Linux operating system, using Gnome 3.
Linux is just the kernel, not enough to make the computer useful.

Ah, but it's "enough" to make a useful computer without needing any GNU
tools to boot and run it, if you so desire :)

It's also the "core" of what you are using, without it, your computer
would be useless.  That being said, yes, you can use GNU tools and GNOME
on other operating system kernels (HURD, BSDs, etc.), but that would
severely restrict your choice of hardware, and slow down your useful
output by wasting power and resources needlessly, so it's not
recommended.

Sorry, I couldn't resist,

greg k-h