Re: GNOME and Ubuntu GNOME

I don't fully understand why Ubuntu stopped providing the latest GNOME
packages (especially since Debian puts the effort into packing them
reasonably quickly most of the time).

On 09/26/2014 08:27 AM, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 09:54:29PM +1000, Ali/amjjawad wrote:
Is there anything whatsoever we could do? GNOME foundation and Ubuntu
Release Team could work more closely, maybe? is there something I/we are
not aware of? sorry to assume that - just trying to think the same way our
users think - but is it because Ubuntu moved to Unity and left GNOME behind
as not the default DE? can we find a way around that?

Ubuntu GNOME can help the Debian GNOME packaging, and then take those
packages. GNOME 3.14 is already in Debian sid. But maybe some Ubuntu
software will not work well with the latest GTK+.

I think the GNOME Foundation cannot really help.

my 2 cents,
Sébastien