Question for the Candidates: Donations to application developers?

Hi, perhaps a little late to the party here but I thought I'd ask
anyway. One of the most frequent enhancements people suggest to
gnome-software is the ability to donate to both upstream applications,
and to independent developers. This is something I think we need to
address if we want random developers to actually write applications
for GNOME. Allan suggested something GNOME-specific without too much
detail but a lot of people have suggested something like a
GNOME-themed Flattr page, which only really works for GNOME
applications and means we rely on a non-free-software service (albeit
one that's solved a lot of legal problems). There are a plethora of
legal (do we allow refunds?), ethical (should we be encouraging users
to pay for free software?) and other issues, and it would be
interesting to hear what candidates have to say about this.

Thanks,

Richard.