Re: Board of Directors Elections 2014 - Candidacy - Emily Gonyer

    Why? Because GNOME is, at
    least in theory, a free software 'project'. As such, it is supposedly
    run, and worked on largely by volunteers.

Free software does not mean that the developers have to be volunteers.
It means that the users have the essential freedoms so that they
have control over the software that does their computing.

See http://gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html.

We're happy when the developers of free software get paid.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation