Re: Groupon @ Phoronix

as explained during the AGM at GUADEC, yes: the board is exploring
legal venues, but the board cannot be more specific because of that.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

On 31 July 2014 16:38, meg ford <meg387 gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 1:56 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTc1MjI

| Hopefully the GNOME Foundation and others will be able to extrude
| their forces in clearing up this odd and unfortunate situation.

Has GNOME's legal counsel contacted Groupon about the trademark violation? I
haven't read the law, iirc we need to assert that we own the trademark or we
can lose it because we "fail to police".

Meg

--
Regards,
Olav