Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of July 18th, 2014

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for sharing these!

Would it be possible to disclose more details on the topics discussed
over the mailing list? What is the status of these discussions? Are
there any blockers? Is the board currently voting on them?


On 27 July 2014 11:29, Andrea Veri <av gnome org> wrote:
= Minutes for Tuesday, July 18th, 2014, 16:00 UTC =

== Next meeting ==
 * Tuesday, July 25th, 2014, all day at GUADEC

== Attending ==
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Andrea Veri
 * Jeff Fortin
 * Karen Sandler
 * Sriram Ramkrishna

=== Regrets ===
 * Tobias Mueller

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Election of officers
  * President
   * Jeff
     * VOTE: +1 Marina, Kat, Sri; abstain Jeff, Andrea, Karen
   * Andrea
     * VOTE: +1 Marina, Karen; abstain: Jeff, Andrea, Kat, Sri
    * Jeff is the president
  * Vice president
   * Useful to have a president or vice president or CFO based in the USA for signing paperwork
   * Marina
    * VOTE: +1 Andrea, Jeff, Karen, Sri, Kat; abstain Marina
   * Marina is the vice president
  * Secretary (also discuss time period for publication of minutes)
   * Andrea
    * VOTE: +1 Kat, Karen, Marina, Sri, Jeff; abstain Andrea
   * Andrea is the secretary
  * Vice secretary
   * no nominations, ask Tobi
  * Treasurer
   * Kat
    * VOTE: +1 Karen, Marina, Sri, Jeff, Andrea; abstain Kat
   * Kat is the treasurer
 * Finalizing the meeting time for the new Board
  * Friday and Thusdays are best days
  * 16:00 UTC on Friday is best
  * Re-evaluate when the daylight savings time comes in
 * Monthly financial update
  * Monthly update
   * Many invoices paid.
   * All invoices for 2014 have been sent out. Additional income will only come from donations.
  * Planned spending
  * GNOME.Asia reimbursements (approx. $15000)
   * VOTE: +1 Marina, Jeff, Kat, Andrea
  * Accessibility campaign invoice $30000
   * VOTE: +1 Kat, Marina, Jeff, Andrea
  * OPW travel reimbursements
   * Suggestions
    * Reimburse interns without vote if all corresponding invoices are paid
    * Reimburse interns without vote if only the corresponding invoice is paid
    * Discuss at GUADEC in more detail
   * VOTE: reimburse USD 500 each to Brena Monteiro (Wikimedia) and Sara Mansouri (Mozilla) for
           travel to internship-related events?: +1 Kat, Marina, Karen, Jeff, Andrea

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Privacy campaign
 * Visa fees reimbursements
 * Anti-harassment policy (a Code of Conduct for GNOME events)
 * Funding for yearbooks
 * Anti-harassment policy
  * The organisers proposed the same policy as for FOSDEM
  * Marina proposed a longer, more specific policy
  * VOTE: +1 Marina, Jeff, Karen, Andrea, Sriram; -1 Kat
 * OPW travel reimbursement for Maja Frydrychowicz (Mozilla)
  * VOTE: +1 Marina, Karen, Jeff, Andrea, Sri, Kat
 * Practice agreement for an intern's university
 * Partnership opportunity for dotCSS
 * GNOME Privacy Policy

== Completed Actions ==

 * Andreas, Joanie to draft thank you letters to our donors (obsolete)
 * Andreas to ask Karen and Pam how much we should  disclose to the community about the ongoing discussion 
with Groupon
 * Kat to contact Karen and Pam about the trademark use request from Carol Hanson
 * Marina to contact the GNOME.Asia local team on their current budget (done long ago)
 * Rosanna to contact Emily about the state of the GNOME.Asia payment (done long ago)

== Pending action items ==
 * All Directors to reply Andreas's/Kat's email on board list about visa fees reimbursements
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Andreas to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the post-release meeting
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy for GNOME events
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
  * Tobi to draft a new WHS agreement after the feedback from the board
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the !PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West Coast hackfest
 * Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for the hiring committee for the ED role
 * Zana to check the inventory of merch she has in storage (low priority)




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman


foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce gnome org

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]