Re: GUADEC registration

On 23/07/14 23:44, Richard Stallman wrote:

     Estimates of costs regarding audits come directly from accountants who
     could do the work and who have previously advised the Foundation
     employees that the best way to avoid being audited is to not do
     anything which may trigger an audit.

Could you put me in touch with them?  I would like to ask them
why they think bitcoin use is likely to be one of them, and what
evidence there is of this.

I will also ask Karen.

Richard, I'm curious if you got more information about this, and if yes, could you share it?

I ask this now because I see that the regulatory space for bitcoin is becoming less "tense", I would say. A good example of this is the recent grant of 501c3 status to this bitcoin-centric charity: http://bitgivefoundation.org/ .

This is also a good link on some compelling reasons of why nonprofits should/would be more interested than companies in accepting/managing bitcoin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9tsLOXNYDM (at least the first 30min., the rest is just Q&A; and you can skip the first minutes if you already know what's bitcoin essentially)

Thanks