LibrePlanet call for sessions open, March 22-23, 2014 in Cambridge, MA

Hi all,

Bellow is the e-mail from Libby Reinish, Campaigns Manager at the FSF. When Karen asked in her keynote last
year at LibrePlanet who was using GNOME 3, the majority of people in the audience raised their hands. It
would be great to have some GNOME-themed talks there!

Thanks,
Marina

--------------

Hey everyone,

The Call for Sessions for LibrePlanet 2014, the annual conference of the Free Software Foundation, is now
open! If you've never been to LibrePlanet before, the conference has an emphasis on activism, advocacy, and
social issues connected to software freedom. We also have plenty of technical talks in the mix.

http://libreplanet.org/2014
http://libreplanet.org/2014/call_for_sessions

LibrePlanet also has a stated commitment to improving participation of under-represented genders and races.
Last year, over 30% of our speakers were women (hope to top that this year!), and we follow the Geek Feminism
guidelines for women-friendly events.

We are looking for people to speak on a wide variety of topics (see below for more information)--activists,
policymakers, developers, academics, and passionate free software users are all welcome to submit a proposal
to the call for sessions. There will also be lightning talks at the conference for those who like to keep it
short and sweet--stay tuned for more information on those as the event approaches.

Applications are due Friday, November 22nd! If you have any questions about submitting a proposal or about
the conference in general, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Best,
Libby Reinish
Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation