New member from Montreal + GNOME Summit

Hello all,

I think I have read the full thread about organizing the GNOME Summit, and Montreal winning over Portland.

I am in Montreal, and I would like to offer my help.

From my understanding, the Summit would happen during the Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct 12-14).
There is an opportunity to have this summit coincide with the LibreOffice Hackathon (LibreOffice by The Document Foundation).

I was wondering if this would fit well with the GNOME Summit?
Your logistics need are for 35-50 people.
The LibreOffice Hackathon could easily double the size of a combined events.
The obvious benefits would be a greater media coverage.

Mid-October would be just two weeks before the municipal elections, and the use of open source software has been an issue in Montreal (and Quebec, and Canada to a lesser extent) for a number of years.

I think it would be great!

Cheers from Montreal,

Immanuel Giulea