Re: "Boston" Summit 2013?

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com> wrote:

It's not that we don't like Portland. Hell, if Portlandia is any
indication, Portland might be the best city EVER. :) Even the
inconvenience of people having to take an extra and/or longer flight,
while not great, is not a show-stopper. To me the show-stopper is
unbudgeted travel expenses with less than a year's notice.

We are a quirky bunch of people. :-)  We're almost like Bostonians except maybe a little more weirder.

It is my understanding that quite a few usual "Boston Summit" attendees
are within reasonable driving distance of Boston. And Montreal, while a
longer drive, is not undoable for this crowd. But at least in the case
of my company, the 2013 travel budget was set at the end of 2012. And at
the end of 2012, we had no indication that I would have to fly
cross-country from Southern New Hampshire to "Boston." ;) ;)

I've made that drive, it's a good 5-6 hours I believe.  But a really nice one!  Vermont rocks!

Whether or not we want to rotate "Boston" Summit around the country is
something for the Foundation membership to decide. If they decide that,
great. But let's then ensure we have the location selected in time for
companies and the Foundation to include it in their travel budgets.

I have no problems honestly.  I'm happy to let someone else do it.  I'll plan something else at some other time.. although the timing for me was perfect since I'll be on vacation during most of the planning stages.  But one day we will have a gnome related conference on the west coast.  Count on it!

sri

Take care.
--joanie