Re: jabber.gnome.org: a proposal

Hola,

On 12.03.2013 14:38, Shaun McCance wrote:
So I get to
send my password in plain text to register with our new bot.

But your bot password isn't as valuable as *the one* GNOME password that
the jabber server currently uses.

Why not get the GNOME jabber service (co-)hosted somewhere else, where
it would be possible to add the features you want?
What would we have to do on the GNOME side to allow this?
As far as I understand: integrating our LDAP authentication with that
other service provider. Sounds messy to me. Too messy as that I would
spend resources on. Esp. since I consider the benefit to be rather low.
If someone goes ahead and makes it happen: Cool. But again: Other things
would be even cooler, like porting Mango to Django.

Cheers,
  Tobi