Call for Participation: Study on user reporting of Usability and UX Issues

Hi,

I'm a Masters candidate at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and am investigating how to support Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) users in reporting Usability and User Experience issues. This research aims to align the information needed by designers working on FOSS projects with the information provided by FOSS users in their reports.

I'd like to invite you to participate on a study where you will be requested to report Usability and User Experience issues using an specific form. The goal of this study is to evaluate and improve this form and this form only, observing how well it is able to communicate what are the kinds of information needed.

Your participation in the study involves reporting any Usability and User Experience issues you experience with software. You are not required to use any specific software for this study. You can report issues experienced with your computing environment of use, and with any desktop, web or mobile applications.

In case you accept to participate in the study, you will be welcome to report Usability or User Experience issues using a provided form whenever you observe an issue or have an unpleasant experience with a piece of software. The study will run until the July 6th, 2013. The form is available in English, but you are welcome to fill it both in English and Portuguese.

If you wish to participate in the study (or have any questions about it), please, drop me an email at fabianapsimoes gmail com and I will forward you further instructions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Fabiana Simões