Some news from GIMPNET (was "A few observations about GIMPNET")

Hi,

I'm sure someone noticed the 'Services' bot hanging on some of the #gnome-* channels since a few days already, and I'm glad to announce that the GIMPNET team has given me the possibility to setup a network-operated bot that will act as a nickserv, chanserv with the only difference that users/channels registrations won't affect the whole network but single channels instead.

Ideally you won't need to register your nick if you don't need any channel's capability at all, registering a new user should be necessary just in the case you will need access to the OPerator status of a specific channel.

Each official GNOME channel should have one or a more registered admins, so please get in touch with me (nickname: 'av') for registering your username and enabling the relevant accesses on the channel. (also the Services bot did join a few channels at this time, if you want the bot to join additional channels, just drop me a note)

As a side note, please safely drop all the bots you were using, they aren't needed anymore.

Enjoy.

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,