New mail archive script

[ Regarding the new ]

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 04:10:52PM +0100, Andrea Veri wrote:
> All the services should be up and running again. The migration took a bit
> more than we expected cause of a failing script.

That was a Perl script which failed because of a missing module. It
didn't print any error message. Instead it just used 100% and that
took Andrea+Owen a long time to figure out (script has not changed since
2002 or so :).

I've rewritten the script in Python. It is not live yet, but over the
coming days I'll be testing it. This script handles the URLs below:$LISTNAME/
(so not, just every link beneath it)

In the new script I changed the layout. You can see it at:
though it'll be overwritten as soon as a new email is sent to that
mailing list.

If you notice errors please file a bug at:

If you want to see the old+new script: ( and

UTF-8 archive problem:
Note: there is another problem in where the archives are not in UTF-8.
That is due to upstart (RHEL6) not starting Postfix with
LANG=en_US.UTF-8. Proper way to configure that is welcome. Note that
postfix is just a sysvinit service in RHEL6, so the job configuration
does not apply AFAIK.
See if you have ideas.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]