Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of July 31st, 2013

On 08/15/2013 07:40 AM, Germán Póo-Caamaño wrote:
On Wed, 2013-08-14 at 22:06 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
* The travel committee is currently verifying the travel
requests * The event's local team should take over this role *
The travel committee needs more resources * Three potential
volunteers * Streamline the process * '''ACTION''': Joanie, Kat,
Tobi, Rosanna, Karen will hold a work group at GUADEC about the
travel committee process

Any news about the outcome of this work group?

We drafted out the contents of the form and the proposed new procedure
for "small events" (hackfests and other things that are NOT GnomeAsia
or GUADEC). It needs cleaning up and formalization. We'll also need a
web-based form created.

I myself am still traveling this week, but will be home next week and
resuming a more "normal" routine and workflow. I am planning to tackle
the cleaning up and formalization. Someone else will tackle turning it
into something which can be filled out and submitted (by the event
organizer(s); not the individual travelers). Once it's not just a
bunch of notes we will present it to the Foundation for consideration
and (hopefully) adoption.

On a related note, one of the things we discussed and agreed upon at
our face-to-face meeting in Brno is that on the "off" weeks (when we
don't have a Board meeting), we'll allocate that same time period to
get things like this done. Thus hopefully things will happen in a more
timely fashion. I wish I could take credit for this idea, but it was
not mine. Sadly I cannot recall whose idea it was (I *think* it was
Tobi's).

Take care.
--joanie