Re: Questions about the new GNOME Forums

While I do agree with some of your concerns, I do understand the need
of such a new communciation platform:
Google has been around and seems like it did not help us communication
with the community.

IMHO need either one or both of:
1) a central location for communication and people helping each other
==> see ubuntuforums
2) a stackexchange like askubuntu which is also very popular.

Those two proved successful building a strong community behind Ubuntu.

So the requirement here would be having some gnome community members
to participate. And I think it is a very nice communication platform
since IRC and mailinglist have failed us.

I for one am a fan of stackexchange. But I think we should support the
idea of the forum for a while to see how it goes. Stackexchange is not
dialog friendly as a forum.

Cheers
Seif