Re: Board meeting minutes - was (Re: A question for the candidates)

On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 06:06 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> On 28 May 2012 05:03, Frederic Muller <fredm gnome org> wrote:
> > On 05/28/2012 07:29 AM, Tobias Mueller wrote:
> >>
> >> ne doesn't know what is happening and thus
> >> being able to take influence. So I would try to have the minutes
> sent
> >> around ASAP. But as far as I could see, nobody was suffering enough
> yet
> >> to publicly ask whether it'd be possible to make things more
> (timely)
> >> public.
> >
> > Again I guess we were spoiled by former board secretary in the
> previous
> > years who was automatically emailing the meeting notes 2 weeks after
> the
> > meeting. This year (2011-2012) minutes were published as follows:
> > - Meeting of July 26, 2011 -> publish on August 23rd : 1 month later
> > - Meeting of August 9th, 2011 -> published on October 18th: 2+ month
> later
> > (publish together with 4 other meeting minutes).
>
> yes, this is my definite fault.
>
> [just a bit of backstory, here, also to help out eventual other
> candidates in case I'm not elected] the meeting minutes are written
> down during the meeting itself by using a collaborative editor, so
> that everyone on the meeting can actually review in real time what's
> being written (this also helps in case I could not hear or understand
> what was being said, or when I am talking about some topic/action
> item, in which case I cannot really take notes).
>
> after the meeting is over, the minute is published on the Foundation's
> restricted wiki space, for further review, in case I missed a private
> section, or I was being overzealous with one, as well as for clearing
> up some of the action items.
>
> after some time pass, the wiki page for the minutes is copied over to
> the public section of the Foundation's wiki space, and the contents
> are sent using an email.
>
> none of this is automated: Brian was "just" exceptionally good at
> sending out minutes every two weeks. :-)

Indeed.  That is the reason I blamed myself for not pestering for making
them public (and not you).  It was also your first term as director and
secretary.  If you become re-elected and keep the role as secretary, I
will set a recurrent activity in my calendar to pester you every other
week :-)

--
Germán Póo-Caamaño
http://people.gnome.org/~gpoo/