Re: Boston =?UTF-8?Q?Summit=3F?=

On 2012-04-27 17:17, Michael Hill wrote:
Hi Karen,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:

Are there teams (or individuals, since this is a less formal event)
in Toronto, Boston and/or Montreal that are willing to take on the
burden of trying to organize this?

I don't want to speak for Ryan, but I'm available to be part of any
Toronto team. I know of a couple of developers, a couple of docs
people and a GSoC intern. (Okay, the developers are Behdad and Ryan.)

Lucas Rocha posted a photo of the Mozilla space on G+ today. (Ignore
his comment about snow, it's sunny now. Please also disregard what
Shaun says about snowstorms and flights, that was unseasonable. Snow
on Thanksgiving weekend is unheard of, or at least fairly rare.)

I'd like to get to Boston sometime, so if it's in Toronto this year,
and I invite everyone to my folks' place for Thanksgiving dinner, I'm
pretty sure I'll be able to go next year.

I don't see any further discussion from this on the Boston/Montreal/Toronto Summit! Should we set up a (somewhat informal) bid process? I'm reminded of this, as I just got the confirmation on the space in Boston for Columbus Day weekend (we don't have to pay any fees, thanks to MIT and to Walter Bender). If there's a push to have this elsewhere, we should at least free up the space so others can use it.

karen