Re: Minutes of the Board Meeting - June 29, 2012

Hi,

>    * Hackfests
> [...]
>      * Not so many hackfests planned for 2012.

>  * Germán - Will continue the discussion with Frédéric about the
> Gitorious instance on gnome.org. Touched based with Frédéric on Sep
> 30, we will elaborate more on his proposal once he has more time.

Actually we discussed this a little bit with Olav at FOSDEM this year,
unfortunately I didn't take notes at the time and it's all quite far
already :/ the general idea was that we probably didn't want gitorious
but enhancements to mango (the software that handles accounts on GNOME
servers).

This makes me think an infrastructure hackfest may be a good idea, if
enough people are interested, as there are several long standing tasks
that would benefit from a small push (like connecting damned lies to
git (bug 599066), maybe some bugzilla work, changes to mango, setting
up one (or more) buildbot slaves, etc.).

        Fred