Re: Bugzilla upgrade? [was: Re: GNOME Bugmail: Gmail threading finally working!]

On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 16:48 +0100, Andrea Veri wrote:
> Thanks for bringing this up Andre. I can try to work on the upgrade
> but I never touched Bugzilla before since Olav was used to manage it.
> I've searched around for the upgrade documentation [1] and it doesn't
> look like an hard operation.

It will be hard. GNOME Bugzilla is heavily customized (e.g. patch status
dropdown) and some changes need to be converted to proper extensions
(like Browse, PatchReview, WeeklyBugSummary, StockAnswers).

> We should probably wait for Olav to provide some more details about
> the modifications that GNOME made to customize our installation, that
> might be the only bottleneck for a possible upgrade.

Would be helpful if Olav could outline that, yes. There's a raw codedump
of some stuff at http://bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/extensions/ which is
untested and non-working in its current state.

andre

--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/