Re: On git.gnome.org and gitorious

El dc 14 de 09 de 2011 a les 10:42 -0400, en/na jose aliste gmail com va
escriure:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org>
> wrote:
>         Hello,
>
>         GNOME migrated to Git two years ago but there are a few long
>         standing
>         issues that have not been addressed yet, it's certainly not
>         too late
>         but with the design team moving to github, it's certainly time
>         to do
>         something about it.
>
>         http://live.gnome.org/GitMigration had it written down
>         already, "For
>         the future, enable Gitorious or some other Git-based
>         collaboration
>         tool". Is this something we can handle by ourselves? Or should
>         we,
>         just like the bugzilla upgrade a few years ago seek the
>         foundation
>         help to hire someone? [this is why this is posted to
>         foundation-list]
>
> I can try to help if that's needed, although I am not part of sysadmin
> team. Or do you mean there is no enough server infrastructure to have
> a gitorious instance?

+100!

I would love to have it too. From a installation PoV it's not that
difficult to set up, I done it once on my laptop for testing purposes,
but do we have enough disk space and admins who can do the installation?
Any sysadmin on the list? :)

Doing a fundraising, as Andreas mentioned would be extremely cool also.

And if we could then integrate users from this gitorious with Vinicius
Depizzol GSoC some fun and interesting numbers could be raised!!!

Gil Forcada

[ca] guifi.net - una xarxa lliure que no para de créixer
bloc: http://gil.badall.net
planet: http://planet.guifi.net