Re: GNOME Foundation IRC Meeting: November 23, 2011

Hi Shaun,

I just saw your email today, for example (due to weekend & a busy day yesterday), and one of the topics I'd like to discuss should probably be brought up on the mailing list first to set some ground work for in-person discussion in the IRC meeting.

I have a bunch of questions after reading the last public board minutes in the wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20111101 - but they haven't been pushed to foundation-list yet (I found out about them last Friday through Vincent Untz when I mentioned the work I've been doing on our conference bid).

When do you think they might get sent out? As you know, I was behind the Lyon bid last year, and have already had a couple of meetings to try to work out infrastructure for a Desktop Summit in 2013 - but we obviously need to know whether that'll happen or not.

I also have lots of feedback & "inside information" on some of the questions & information that got minuted.

Do you know who's in charge of posting minutes, and when they expect to send them out? It seems like it's important to do so before any IRC meeting.

Cheers,
Dave.

PS. Personal opinion here: The lack of engagement in the IRC meetings might be because the membership is usually at least a month out of date on the topics the board talks about... the last board minutes sent to foundation-announce were for the meeting on October 18th.