Re: Question for candidates

2011/5/27 Richard Stallman <rms gnu org>:
> I'd like to ask the candidates this question:
>
> * What do you think GNOME should do to help promote the ideals of free
> software, beyond being composed of free programs.

*Many* free software applications and programs are not ready for the big
market share yet. Honestly I don't personally see a world completely made by
free software, there are several things I couldnt even do on my daily routine if
my machines at home were running only free modules, software or drivers.

If there is a piece of software which is proprietary but makes life
easy to several
users why wouldn't you adopt it? As I said in one of my previous e-mails no one
should impose his point of view, if an X user is happy running a
non-free software
on his home machine (running a Linux OS) because he feels more comfortable doing
so, he should be *free* to run it.

In the end, I would like to point out some great free software
projects I would love to
see promoted more: Snowy [1], Tomboy Online and identi.ca. [2]

cheers,

Andrea

[1] https://live.gnome.org/Snowy
[2] https://identi.ca