Re: Official announcement and invitation to GNOME 3.0 Hackfest and GNOME.Asia Summit 2011

On 01/23/2011 08:23 PM, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
On 01/22/2011 07:04 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le vendredi 21 janvier 2011, à 23:41 +0800, Frederic Muller a écrit :
So Hackfest registration is happening here:
http://live.gnome.org/Hackfests/GNOME.Asia2011 , call for papers for
the conference is here http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/CallForPaper
and conference registration will be opening soon.
What's the plan on the marketing team side? Do we have people who can
go? I didn't see any replies on marketing-list to the previous mails,
unless I missed something.
I think can go. Sounds fun.
- Andreas

Hey thanks!

Actually the initial plan was 5 days (plan from September), then after Gnome Bostom Summit we reduced to 3 days based on feedback from Jason and a few other people living in the US and for whom the whole trip would be a bit long. It turned out that the release team prefers 5 days so this is what we have finally chosen: 3 days + 2 optional days hackfest + 1 conference day. The first 2 days are actually the optional ones and happening in Intel office who committed for space for 20 people and the next 3 days are happening in the university (with as much space as we need) where the conference will happen as well. This way people attending 'only' 3 days can also take part in the conference and the little tour trip the following day all together.

We thought that would be the best comprise fitting everyone's wishes.

There is still one unknown parameter: an extra conference day. Considering we will have all those great people from marketing, release and maybe documentation (Documentation is having a hackfest in Toronto 1 week before), one day conference is very short. So based on sponsorship revenues and talks submitted we'll try to get an extra day.

I hope this clarifies any misunderstanding. It is sometimes hard to go into all those details in public announcements. In anyone needs further clarification please do not hesitate to email us or drop by on #asia-summit .

Thank you for all the support and we really hope to see some of you in Bangalore!

Fred