Re: Meeting Minutes Published - November 6, 2010

Hi,

Brian Cameron wrote:
>     * Executive Director Hiring Process
>           o Discussion about whether we should hire other staff (event
>             manager, fund raiser, marketing for GNOME 3) in addition to
>             or instead of an Executive Director. Perhaps hiring someone
>             to work on marketing for GNOME 3 would make a lot of sense
>             with the release date approaching.

I would hire the ED first, and have them make a proposal. I don't think
we have the resources to hire someone to do marketing, perhaps a one-off
agency contract. But we could definitely take on a couple of marketing
interns once we have an ED to manage them.

I'm definitely in favour of a part-time events person - sionce we're
doing a lot of events, there is more than enough work for them, and I
think that they will make their own money back by making things even
more efficient & better structuring our conference sponsorship offerings.

>     * For Libre Graphics reimbursements, The GNOME Foundation is
>       waiting for receipts.

Do the LGM organisers & concerned attendees know? :)

>     * Justin Colannino from the Software Freedom Law Center sent the
>       board an email with the form to register the GNOME trademark to
>       review before submission.

Have you talked to Luis about the trademark registration process he went
through some years ago? He spent a lot of time regularising the
situation in 2007/2008.

Cheers,
Dave.

--