Re: Tee-Shirt Contest & Countries Eligibility

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  Offering t-shirts may constitute as commerce
as well.  If you look at the Google Summer of Code Rules[1]:

Google employees, interns, contractors, family members, or residents
and nationals of Iran, Syria, Cuba, Sudan, North Korea and Myanmar
(Burma), with whom we are prohibited by U.S. law from engaging in
commerce, are ineligible to participate.

I will forward to our legal counsel for feedback.   While I understand
the rules may be perceived as unfair or offensive, as a US non-profit
we are obligated to adhere to the embargo.  I'm open to removing the
cash prize if it can get around it.  I think Brian brings up a great
point to see if the community can help develop rules that provide
reasonable protection and avoid any sort of discrimination.

 Andreas and I are finalizing a couple of details (like getting the
email submission form to work!) and hope to announce this ASAP.

Cheers,

Paul

[1] http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/faqs#student_eligibility