Re: Meeting Minutes Published - May 13, 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:49:19AM -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com>wrote:
> >    * Sysadmin job
> >          o An Interview Team has been established
> >                + The Interview Team is composed of 3 people: Jonathan
> >                  Blandford, Bradley Kuhn and Brad Taylor
> >                + Once hired, the sysadmin will report to Stormy.
> >                + Paul had an action to touch base with legal. The
> >                  email has been sent, but no response yet.
> >                + ACTION: Stormy will contact legal.
>
> So curious, how come Olav is not part of the interview team since he's the
> most experience in the GNOME infrastructure sysadmining stuff?

I have no hiring experience. Jrb has this, and still has root access.

<removed foundation-announce>

Well, I think this is really a matter of listening on the call and gauging whether this person has the qualification to handle the GNOME environment including the pieces you've written like Mango.  You probably more than most have an opinion on what type of person you would want handling this environment.  I'm sure jrb knows but I know you're the one doing it on a daily basis and I trust your judgement.

Maybe we can move this to gnome-infrastructure if we want to further discuss what qualifications we are looking for in general.

I've been trying to file bugs for everything which should be done within
the GNOME infrastructure (sysadmin product, only a few bugs are hidden),
so that should give a good overview of what needs to be done.

I saw.. whew. :)

sri